Sunday, January 11, 2015

Cure for the Monday Blues #38 - welcome little baby

This week over on Taheerah's blog, the inspiration picture is this cute sprinkled image.  I have some card orders I'm finishing up and thought this would be perfect for some baby cards I have been requested to make.
I took a rustic white card base and a smaller 3.75 x 5 front.  I die cut a Itty Bitty Baby Blessings onesie out and added some polka dots using Fresh sugar ink.  I then stamped the sentiment from the Itty Bitty Baby Blessings stamp set in Fresh fuschia.
I die cut some white fun foam to create the dimension needed for a shaker card, added acetate and then the layer of foam.  I let it dry for a while so that the sequins don't get stuck in the corners.
My latest adhesive of choice is Tombo Mono Aqua - it is awesome and dries clear.  I still like Mono Multi but that stays tacky.  I added a variety of sequins from my stash - clear, purple and aqua as well as some sparkly white ones.
Hard to get a good photo of the sequins but you can see them a bit better above ...

This was a fun challenge - thank you to Taheerah for the inspiration pic! :)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh, I love this!! I am going to try and make a similar one. You have such a cool simple style.

Taheerah said...

Love that cute onesie-shaped shaker element Cara! So cute! Thanks so much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!