Monday, February 24, 2014

Papertrey February Blog Hop - Sweet Spring: with a grateful heart

Doesn't this blog hop image from Papertrey Ink make you think of bunnies, chicks and pastels?  Ahh, spring, how I miss you! :)
Looking at my inks, I wanted to try a different colour combo  --- and this is definitely out of my comfort zone and norm!  I used my Fresh ink in Peach, stamping off every second row.  I just love the graphic look of this pattern.
I then layered a sentiment in Turquoise ink using Papertrey's Birds and Bloooms set.  The ikat is mor modern and then the sentiment more traditional but I kinda like the juxtaposition.
Any unusual colour combos you've tried lately that are out of your norm?

----
Check out my crafty sale if you like:
http://cardsbycara.blogspot.ca/2013/06/crafty-sale.html

Supplies:
Paper: Recollections 110lb white
Ink: Fresh Peach, Rurquoise
Stamps: PTI Irresistible Ikat, Birds and Blooms

3 comments:

Nancy Penir said...

Love your color choices! and the sentiment is great with the more modern Ikat!

Anonymous said...

So pretty!!!

Nora Noll said...

Really like the color choices on this. Such a simple yet fun card!!